Have your say on proposals to introduce mandatory learning disability and autism training for health and care staff.
The government wants to know how we can make sure that health and social care staff have the right training to understand the needs of people with a learning disability and autistic people, and make reasonable adjustments to support them.
The consultation considers issues around the training and development staff need to better support people with a learning disability or autistic people.
The Consultation is open until the end of March 2019. This will give Thurrock Coalition time to gather, collate and submit the responses by 12/4/19.
The government wants to know what people think about their proposals on:
- the planned content of the training
- how the training should be delivered
- how to involve people with a learning disability or autistic people in training
- how the government can mandate, monitor and evaluate the impact of training
The consultation will be of particular interest to:
- people with a learning disability or autistic people
- the families and carers of people with a learning disability or autistic people
- patient groups
- providers of health and social care services
An EasyRead Version of the Questions is available from here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/778153/Learning_disability_and_autism_training_easy_read.pdf
Thurrock Coalition will be collating the responses and making a formal submission as part of the Consultation process
You can complete the Survey here: